Energy Management is a term that can have many meanings. Here at Certified Property Restoration when we say Energy Management we are referring to the optimal management of energy usage within your home or office building.
While Energy Management has been popular in office buildings and factories for quite some time, it has only recently started to catch on in the residential marketplace. In fact, most homeowners are either unaware that the term can also refer to their own living space, or don’t realize the many applications that are available to them. Homeowners have historically taken an arbitrary approach to managing their energy usage.
At Certified Property Restoration we use a monitoring and results-driven 4-step approach for both commercial and residential environments. This approach has proven just as effective at residential energy management as in the commercial spaces. Typically this involves the following 4 steps of monitoring, controlling and conserving energy in your home or building:
- Measuring your energy consumption and then collecting the data.
- Using this data to find opportunities to save energy
- Then, estimating how much energy each opportunity could save. You would typically analyze your meter data to find and quantify routine energy waste, and you might also investigate the energy savings that you could make by replacing equipment (e.g. your air conditioner) or by upgrading your home’s or business’s insulation.
- Taking action to target the opportunities to save energy. Typically you’d start with the best opportunities first.
- Tracking your progress by analyzing your meter data to see how well your energy-saving efforts have worked.
The objectives of Energy Management are obvious: cost savings, resource conservation and climate protection. It can also ensure that you have permanent access to the energy you need in the future.
Why is Energy Management important to you?
Energy Management often proves to be a key element to saving energy in your home or office building. By consistently measuring and collecting the data from the different energy consuming machinery and appliances we can more quickly assess the areas where you can save the most money. And with FPL recently gaining approval to raise its rates yearly for the next 4 years (to generate at least $811 million more in revenues), Energy Management for both your business and your home has never been more important or timely as it is now.
At Certified Property Restoration we have the knowledge and experience to help you maximize the savings in your home or business!